Official Information and Registration Site  
Awards Policy

 width=
  1. Each participant in the Science Fair will receive either a green ribbon or a Science Fair button handed out by the judging team.

  2. For Grades K-2, all participants will receive a Blue Ribbon  to recognize them as winning “scientists” for their efforts and will be recognized at a Peer Recognition assembly to be held after the Fair Day at Dickerson school.

  3. The top 50% of project scores in Grade 3, the top 40% in Grade 4 and the top 30% of project scores in Grades 5-8 will receive awards.  All winners will be recognized at Peer Recognition assemblies to be held post-Fair at each school.

  4. For Grade 3 the top 16.6% of project scores will receive a Medal; the remaining 33.3% of award winners will receive a Blue Ribbon, totalling 50%.  For Grade 4, the top 13.3% of project scores will receive a Medal; the remaining 26.6% of award winners will receive a Blue Ribbon, totalling 40%.   For Grades 5-8, the top 10% of the numerical scores in each respective grade level will receive a Medal; the remaining 20% of award winners will receive a Blue Ribbon, totalling 30%.

  5. Where an award-winning project has been done by a team of students, each student on the team will receive the respective award.

  6. There are no specific numbers of Blue Ribbons or Medals to be awarded, either in total or by grade level.

  7. The actual number of Blue Ribbons and Medals to be awarded will depend on the number of entries in a specific grade level.
  8. The DaVinci Award is given to those students whose projects exhibit a great deal of effort, creativity and enthusiasm.  The DaVinci Award winners are nominated directly by judges.   There is no predetermined number of DaVinci Award winners.